Tuesday 14 December 2010

Digipak and Advertisement Mock up: Planning

Using a bunch of photos captured previously by our male artist 'Y.Shocker,' I produced my own mock-up plan of what ideas and imagination I wanted to use as my digipak.  This was a very relaxing yet creative lesson that I really enjoyed using equipment such as scissors, paper, pritt stick and coloured felt tips. We had to print our photos and transfer these images onto a paper CD cover template following the functions of a digipak e.g. Using a barcode and copyrights labels.

Below is my front and back panel which use the same background scheme of a neutral surroundings which was included in the take photograph. On the back panel, I've decided to keep my tracklist aligned to the left hand side using capital lettering. Underneath all this is followed by a few supporting logos such as Realplayer and EMI Records.
The front panel uses a close-up photo of the artist stretched amongst the whole of the panel making it the background and focal point. The parental advisory logo is very important with this album since the genre Grime and Rap use explicit lyrics. Iv'e also decided that the artist's name would be in big and bold typography along with the album name in a different font in a smaller size which in this case is 'Lure of my Memories.'
Above is the inside panels to my 4 panel digipak. On the left and side I have used a black and white photo of the artist which has a natural and cool mood. Possibly I will add dedications to fans and important people to the artist. However on the other side, another long shot of the artist is used with the same colour theme of black and white keeping both panels the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment